7 things you may not know about me(me)

Thanks to Barbara Nixon’s tagging skills, I’m now part of the “7 things about…” meme (not sure how to pronounce meme – watch the video below).  Her blog post was text, but saw Jason Falls did a nice video a couple weeks back… mine’s a hybrid:

1. Grew up in Bermuda
  2. First car = ’79 Ford Granada
  3. Went to high school in Italy and Alabama
  4. Own an ice shanty
  5. Was gifted a “Bush knife”
  6. Invented snowboarding
  7. Son had open heart surgery

Want more details, or just enjoy watching unattractive people talk to themselves?  Watch the video:

It’s not for sale, but I do have a pic of the “Bush knife” up on flickr!

And… you’ll notice I didn’t pass this meme on to others. May it die here, cause nobody likes doing work when they’re on vacation.

^^^^^^^^^^

7 Responses to “7 things you may not know about me(me)”

1. 1 Kyle James 12/25/2008 at 3:43 PM

How could you forget to tell people again that you don’t own a cell phone? That seems like in and of itself to be a pretty big deal! Just sayin…

2. 2 tsand 12/25/2008 at 5:47 PM

@Kyle – Kind of feels like a half-truth… since the wife owns one now. :( Plus I use cellphones for @drunktsand and @treestand. Would hate to come off as a hypocrite. Sorta like me telling folks not to drink until it’s noon.

Did you see the video? Gave you and Jason Falls a shout out for your accents. :)

Hope you had a great Christmas! Will be visiting you in Boston, so buy a comfy couch — hide-a-bed FTW!

3. 3 darryl ohrt 12/28/2008 at 3:52 PM

I was JUST copying and pasting your url to TAG YOU in the same meme, and noticed someone already got you!! I guess we all want to know more about TSand!!!

4. 4 tsand 12/30/2008 at 10:07 AM

@darryl – Too funny. Thanks for attempting to tag me, you armadillo killer.

5. 5 Tawny Press 12/30/2008 at 1:35 PM

It might just be me, but sitting on ice, trying to get fish out of a hold, in a tent, sounds complicated. Why not just stop by the fish market? Better chance of finding lobster, priceless.

Your Granada was a decade newer than my first car, which was a Caprice. It was a Chevy. Still driving American made but my taste has improved, and I can still fit 6 girlfriends in it. I see a road trip to Vegas in my future.

You don’t own a cell phone? I agree with Kyle James that in itself is huge!

6. 6 tsand 12/30/2008 at 2:12 PM

@Tawny – We have a REAL ice shanty… think, bachelor pad on wheels (on ice). Wood burner, 7 foot ceiling, room for 8.. just like Grumpy Old Men minus the Metamucil. Stop by with the bottle of wine and I’ll give you a tour! :)

1. 1 7 things you don’t (want to) know about me. « I’m Saying it Here Trackback on 12/30/2010 at 2:25 PM